In a closed-door meeting held at the Office of the Mayor last September 7, 2016 the members of the Local Heath Board laid down its programs. The following points were discussed:
- The need for additional healthcare staff. This includes hiring of additional medical officers as part of continuous quality service delivery to individuals seeking healthcare services.
- Procurement of lot for construction of OPD (Out Patient Department) of San Pedro Jose L. Amante Emergency Hospital (SPJLAEH) and Building for Rural Health Unit (RHU) I;
- Meeting with contractors for the construction of RHU II Facility at Brgy. Langgam under the Health Facility Enhancement Program (HFEP) of the Department of Health (DOH).
- Identification and hiring of additional Barangay Health Workers with provision of subsidy from Local Government of City of San Pedro;
- Posting of Health Services Offered (RHU I, RHU II, SPJLAEH & GALIC) in conspicuous areas;
- Strengthening Wellness centers
The City Health Office (CHO) supports President Duterte’s mandate “Kalusugan para sa Lahat” in which mental health was also given importance. 2 healthcare personnel have already finished their training for counselling.